Friday 10 April 2009

10 April 2009

I needed some fresh air so I went out mid afternoon towards the Thames. Plus the tide was high and the cloud cover low, so I was hoping for either tern or hirundines to get my patch list going again, but I got a bit more than I bargained for.. .As I was walking past Hammersmith Embankment, I noticed a big plume of smoke coming from Hammersmith Broadway. Still, I continued but decided to go towards Hammersmith Bridge instead than Crabtree Wharf. Shortly afterwards, I finally spotted #52 for this year, with 3 housemartins quite low above Hammersmith Embankment and the river. Which means that I have now reached last year's total ;)

I then detoured via Hammersmith Broadway and found out the top of the building was on fire. What amused me was that some pigeons were still on top of the building, maybe 20m from the smoke, and still very busy with courtship displays...

No comments:

Post a Comment