Saturday 4 April 2009

4 April 2009

I didn't feel like going to the Thames this morning, but I went and spent an hour wandering in Margravine Cemetery in the afternoon. For a while I watched this robin catching worms:
robin

This was happening by the magnolia, the flowers of which have now started to fade:
magnolia
crow

Then I observed this crow which, after trying to extract marrow from a big bone, started hoovering insects which were hovering right above the grass:


flowers

Then I sat by a grave on which I had seen a honey bee yesterday in the hope to take a photo of one. I saw a few bumble bees, hover flies (or at least I think so, my insect id skills are not terribly developed), but no honey bee. So I amused myself taking macro photos of the flowers instead, such as the one above. I'd be interested in those flowers too if I was an insect I think...
Then, as I was almost home, I noticed a lot of insects around one of the bushes in the car park, and, among them, this honey bee (or at least I hope, it's been years since I've seen one):
honey bee

No comments:

Post a Comment