Wednesday 18 March 2009

18 March 2009


As I will be picking up my sister at the Eurostar at the time I do the weekly shopping, I went today instead. First thing I noticed was the almost total lack of black headed gulls, except for a dead one on the pontoon. Not too many other birds there except for some young big gulls, 3 greylag and 2 Canada Geese, the usual mallards, a grey heron fishing and a singing grey wagtail. I noticed at least 8 sparrows feeding on the catkins, but I don't think they were too impressed with the 2 gardeners leaf-blowing 'their' gardens. I certainly wasn't.
I was trying to photograph a cormorant in flight (practice hopefully making perfect) when my eye caught a commotion slightly higher and further: one, then 2, crow was harassing a peregrine, probably a male given the size difference, chasing it from the Battersea direction further West into Fulham.

No comments:

Post a Comment