Sunday 1 February 2009

1 February 2009

I usually go and check my patch by the Thames on saturdays, but yesterday I was expecting a delivery (which never arrived) so I did it this morning instead. Sky was grey, and there was a freezing easterly wind. They're predicting snow, you can feel it coming. The tide was coming in, and it was very noisy, due to lots of black headed gulls. I saw also:
  • mallard: 24
  • teal: 76
  • gadwall: 29
  • tufted duck: 14
  • lesser black-backed gull: 4 adults at once on pier, including the slightly paler one
  • common gull: 6
  • Canada goose: 20, including a group of 14 in flight
  • swan: 2 flying over
  • grey heron: 1 arriving to fish
  • moorhen: 2
  • cormorant: 7
  • shelduck: 1
  • herring gull: 2 adults and 1 2W
  • starlings

No comments:

Post a Comment